See the About page for details on the system.
This list contains an overview of important features of the kernel and the system as a whole.
- Pure micro-kernel
- Multiprocessor- & multitasking support
- IPC - pipes, signals, messages, shared memory
- Window server (GUI with homemade toolkit)
- Patched GCC (OS specific toolchain)
- self-made libc
- libghostapi, extensive kernel API library
- libstdc++ port
- libghostuser for simplified file I/O, creating UIs & more...
- VESA video driver
- PS/2 keyboard & mouse driver
- ELF binary support
- Userspace filesystem driver support
- Serial COM1 kernel logging
- Virtual 8086 for BIOS calls
- Copy-on-write implementation, fork()
This is a screenshot of the graphical user interface, running some of the demo applications.
And there is also a headless shell for computers that do not support VESA video output: